PT Tour Policy 2024
- Tour Membership is open to all declared Professional Golfers.
- The PT Tour reserves the right to not accept a membership application.
- No refunds will be given if a Member resigns or is banned.
- The PT Tour events are open to all declared Professional Golfers.
- Entry to each event will be on a first come first served basis.
- The PT Tour events are open to Cat.1 Amateurs depending on availability in the tournament.
- Please submit your name e-mail address, mobile number and event you wish to enter at either:
1. The Tournament Office (for next event).
2. Tournament Entry Page online or by telephone on +44 7920 816209
- The entry of any player needs to be confirmed by tournament office.
- The draw will be made 24 hours before the event and will be published on the website.
- It is the player’s responsibility to inform us of any change to their mobile number or Email Address.
- 54 holes Stroke-Play over 3 days and will be played in accordance with The Rules of Golf as prescribed by The Royal and Ancient Golf Club.
- Local rules will apply at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- All players will play all 3 days with no cut.
Tournament Field Size
- The field size is limited depending on daylight hours available.
- Based on first come, first served basis.
- The draw will be made at 3pm on practice day of each event and is published on the website.
- Tee Time preference for the first round, for those travelling together will be given whenever
possible, also a late start time may be requested for the first day, however requests for early start
times will not be considered.
- Tee times for the final day will be based on the leader board with the leading players going out last.
* Please note this is subject to change at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
* Please note players will be given access to download telegram for all tournament updates (weather delays, tee times, etc).
- Available online at PTTOUR.PT under “schedule page”.
- The Prize Fund for the event will be available to all competitors on the first day of each tournament.
- In the event of a tie, the result will be determined by a sudden death play-off.
- All runners up will be deemed to have come second and the place money will be divided equally
- All winnings will be paid by bank transfer after the completion of the last tournament in each swing.
- Entries will be paid by direct bank transfer in Euros or GBP Pounds (details will be sent via email to
Closing Date for Entries
- Entries will be taken up to 12 Noon on the day prior to each event.
- Entries are limited, and are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- All Players must register at the Tournament Office on practice day either in person or by calling
+44 7920 816209
- Score Cards, Pin Sheets and any additional local rules will be issued on the first tee and players are
expected to be on the tee 5 minutes before their allotted tee time.
- Players failing to register may be withdrawn from the tournament.
- Appeals subject to the Tournament Director’s discretion.
- A player is fully registered when PT Tour has received all personal details and outstanding fees.
- If a player fails to give notice of withdrawal before 3pm on the day prior to practice day, they will incur a fine of €150.
- Players withdrawing giving the minimum correct notice will receive a full refund of entry fees.
- A player opting not to play on day 2, after the draw has been made, will be fined €150.
- A player opting to “walk-in” during tournament play will be fined €150.
- All fines must be paid before any future entry is accepted.
- Fines are at the discretion of PT Tour.
- No fines will be applied for a withdrawal due to a late call-up for a Higher-Ranking Event, through certifiable illness or by extreme personal circumstances.
Membership and Tournament Fees
- Membership Fees are published on the website under Tour Info > Membership & Entry Fees.
- Late entries and Non-Members must pay all fees before play.
- The “no pay, no play” policy, all fees and fines must be paid before a player will be permitted to
“tee-up” on Day 1.
- To abide by the Rules and etiquette of Golf.
- To ensure the pace of play.
- To report to the Starter and be ready to play at least 5 minutes before his allotted tee time.
- If the player is late and not ready to play when called by the starter, he may be penalised 2 shots or
disqualified if more than 5 minutes late.
- A player late for any reason whatsoever is at fault and will forfeit his entry fee.
- To observe the one ball rule for each tournament round.
- The tour generally negotiates courtesy of the course but it’s the player’s responsibility to contact
the course (in advance) to request a practice round.
- Treat the golf course and its members with respect at all times, repair pitch marks and repair
bunkers on leaving, failure to repair a bunker during Tournament play will incur a €150 fine.
- Abuse of golf course property or PT Tour equipment will incur a €150 fine.
- To ensure that Caddies, Forecaddies, friends and family when walking ahead of the playing group
do not go out of sight of the players.
- To ensure that their score is correct and that their playing partner’s scores are correct before
leaving the designated scoring area, as mistakes cannot be rectified after a player has left that area.
- Treat the PT Tour officials and fellow competitors with respect and courtesy at all times
- Members of the PT Tour must not use any form of social media to disrespect the Tour or other
members of the tour in any way. Any member found in breach of this order will incur a €150 fine.
GPS or Laser Assistance
- Approved with the exception of lasers with slope fitted, which are not permitted even if turned off.
Buggies and Trolleys
- Buggies are not allowed on Tournament or Official Practice Days;
- Players may use powered or pull trolleys;
- Trolleys are NOT allowed on tees or green fringes;
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited on the Golf Course during Tournament play, except, as laid
down in the local rules.
- Failure to abide by this code will result in disqualification.
- It is a requirement that all groups keep pace with the preceding group, NOT just to keep ahead of
the group behind!
- Unless there is a mitigating circumstance i.e. a ruling is required (in which case the group behind
should be called through). Then the following will apply:
1. One bad time: Warning from official.
2. Two bad times: One stroke penalty plus €50 fine, to be paid before next Tournament entry.
3. Three bad times: Two-stroke penalty plus €100 fine, to be paid before next Tournament entry.
4. Four bad times: Disqualification.
5. Please note: Fines are accumulative.
Timings will be as follows:
Timing will commence when a group is out of position i.e. more than one hole behind the group ahead
or failing to adhere to the recommended timings, which are; Par 3’s 12 minutes, Par 4’s 14 minutes &
Par 5’s 17 minutes. The player first to play an approach shot (which includes a par 3 tee shot, chip or
putt) has 50 seconds in which to execute his shot.
- The second or third players have 40 seconds in which to execute their shots.
- Timing will start when the player is deemed to be ready to play.
- If these timings are exceeded then the player will be given a bad time.
- Any appeal regarding penalties must be referred to the Tournament Director immediately after the
round is completed and before the card is signed.
- Tournament closure. The tournament is deemed to have closed 30 minutes after the last group
have left the registration area.
- In all cases the Tournament Director’s decision is final.
Suspension of Play
- In the event of play being suspended due to thunderstorm / electrical activity, signalled by 1 long
blast on the klaxon, immediately mark your ball and seek the nearest area of shelter.
- Resumption of play will be signalled by 2 long blasts on the klaxon.
- If play has to be suspended for any other reason, signalled by 2 short blasts on the klaxon then
players may choose either:
a. To mark the ball, or finish the hole currently in play.
b. All players must then report directly to the Tournament Registration Office.
- Not until the players have been given permission, may play resume.
- In the event of play being suspended overnight the Committee has the right to return the greens to
the same standard that prevailed at the start of play on the previous day. Tee positions and Pin
positions will remain unchanged.
Course Unfit for Play
- In the event of a Tournament being cancelled due to adverse weather conditions the Tour will try to
find an alternative venue, this however cannot be guaranteed.
- 18 holes must be completed by all competitors in order for an event to be declared as completed
Order of Merit
- OM will be determined by a points system and will be updated as soon as possible on PT Tour
- Please respect the Tour and Sponsors when dealing with the media.
- It is a Tournament entry requirement that that all players will be available for any media duties,
including interviews, sponsorship presentations, press photographs and all television requirements.
- All issues should be discussed with the Tournament Director’s first, the use of any social media by
members to air grievances, disrespect the organisers, the host club or other members of the tour is